Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Gameday Meals - Cotton Bowl vs. USC

+4 HS
osurox's picture
December 28, 2017 at 4:03pm
15 Comments

Last Gameday Meal of the year unfortunately.  While I wish we were in the playoff, a win over USC in the Cotton Bowl will still be a great way to end the year.  My wife's cousins live in California (they turned me onto Tri Tip), and are huge USC fans, so there are also bragging rights on the line this game too.  As tradition has it, we were trying to come up with an idea for food based on our opponent.  We honestly couldn't agree on anything until I suggested BBQ Chicken Pizza (California Pizza Kitchen claims to have been the first to have it on their menu).  Washing it down with some nice Kona beers, and my buckeye flavored white russian (white russian with peanut butter powder).

BBQ Chicken Pizza:

2 chicken breasts
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Oregano
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 TBSP Paprika

Sprinkle spices over chicken breasts and bake.  Once done, shred in a large bowl and set aside.

BBQ Sauce: You can make your own or use store bought.  I will probably make my honey bourbon sauce  I made earlier in the year.

Bacon - fry up as much as you want; I normally fry up a whole pack.  Crush up as much as you want and set aside.  Eat the other pieces of bacon because bacon is delicious.

Red onion (optional; I don't add it).  Cut up a red onion, throw it in bacon grease in frying ban and cook for 5 minutes or so until your liking.

Red pepper.  Same as the red onion; cut up small and cook in bacon grease.

Assemble the pizza:

Take dough (I use a Boboli crust), spread BBQ sauce over it.  Sprinkle a little garlic and oregano over bbq sauce and edge of crust.  Sprinkle some cheese over the pizza (I use a combo of mozzarella and provolone), but don't cover the whole thing an inch deep.  Add shredded chicken, bacon, onion, red pepper, and sliced up jalapeno (optional; just depends on if you want some heat).  Drizzle some ranch, more bbq sauce, hot sauce (optional) over toppings.  Cover pizza with more cheese.  Sprinkle a little more garlic and oregano on top.  Bake in oven at 425F for 10-15 minutes, just don't burn it.  

Go Bucks!

2017 Gameday Meals Week 1 vs. Indiana
2017 Gameday Meals Week 2 vs. Oklahoma
2017 Gameday Meals Week 3 vs. Army
2017 Gameday Meals Week 4 vs. UNLV
2017 Gameday Meals Week 5 vs. Rutgers
2017 Gameday Meals Week 6 vs. Maryland
2017 Gameday Meals Week 7 vs. Nebraska
2017 Gameday Meals Week 8  Bye
2017 Gameday Meals Week 9 vs. Penn State
2017 Gameday Meals Week 10 vs. Iowa
2017 Gameday Meals Week 11 vs. Sparty
2017 Gameday Meals Week 12 vs. Illinois
017 Gameday  Meals - Big Ten Championship vs. Wisconsin

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments