Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 5 Vs Rutgers

+4 HS
osurox's picture
September 27, 2017 at 10:29am
26 Comments

With Rutgers on Saturday, a college buddy of mine is coming back in town and watching the game at my house with all our former roomamates (post ski house Norcal).  During my senior year at OSU, after enjoying some fine "cigars", naturally we got pretty hungry.  What  started as just rummaging through the cubbard and fridge for anything quickly became the creation of an epic meal as we all pitched in something from our personal food stash.  Today, I share it with you:

"Tasty Wave":

1 lb. hamburger meat
1/2 lb. chorizo
Taco seasoning (2 packs)
2 boxes velveeta shells n cheese
1/2 bag of tater tots
1/2 bag crispy rounds
1 can of corn 
1 package mexican rice (I just get the rice side pack for a buck)
1 small bottle ortega sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
1 package mexican cheese blend
red pepper, green pepper, and an onion.

Brown hamburger meat and chorizo then add taco seasoning and set aside.  Saute peppers and onion in a little bit of olive oil and grease left from the meat.  Make velveeta shells n cheese, bake crispy rounds/tater tots, & make mexican rice as directed by packaging.  Combine all ingredients in a large baking dish, mix thoroughly, and bake for 20 minutes at 350.

We ate this with taco/nacho cheese flavored doritos and scoops (dipping the chips into the "casserole" LOL), put it in a burrito shell, and eventually just out of a bowl until it was gone...If anyone is brave enough to try this, let me know what you think. 

Go Bucks!

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 1 vs Indiana
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 2 vs. Oklahoma
​2017 Gameday Meals - Week 3 vs. Army
​2017 Gameday Meals - Week 4 vs. UNLV

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments