Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 11 Vs. Sparty

0 HS
osurox's picture
November 8, 2017 at 11:39am
14 Comments

The brisket was excellent last week, and my in-laws loved the bbq sauce I made.  Too bad we stunk it up on the field though.

This week, I have the little guy to myself as my wife is travelling to Cleveland. The good thing is she bought me an electric smoker - Master-Built for my birthday.  I haven't tried it out yet, so this Saturday it's on.  With thanksgiving coming up, I figured why not try my hands at a turkey.  

Apple-Honey Smoked Turkey:

Start with a 15 lb. turkey, and inject it with a marinade mix of apple cider, chicken stock, honey, garlic, sage, thyme, black pepper, and a little melted butter (I actually make enough of this to use as a brine/marinade, and will soak the bird friday night).

Before placing bird in smoker, drizzle honey over bird and cover in spice mixture of more garlic, sage, thyme, lowry's, and black pepper.

Place apple slices, orange, a lemon, cellery, and carrotts in bird cavity.    

Fill water tray two-thirds full with a 50/50 mix of water and apple juice, and smoking it at 225F for about 7.5 hours or so until the turkey hits 160F, then pull out and wrap in foil.  Shouldn't take that long to hit 165F.

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 1 vs. Indiana
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 2 vs. Oklahoma
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 3 vs. Army
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 4 vs. UNLV
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 5 vs. Rutgers
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 6 vs. Maryland
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 7 vs. Nebraska
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 8 Bye
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 9 vs. Penn State
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 10 vs. Iowa

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments