Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 9 Vs. Penn State

+3 HS
osurox's picture
October 25, 2017 at 9:31am
16 Comments

Going to the game Saturday and hosting a tailgate.  Claiming my spot Friday night (setting out the tents), and getting back down to campus at 6 AM Saturday morning to set up.  Bringing an electric griddle down to make breakfast bacon and eggs (I have a generator I am taking so we have electric).  Also making mulled cider in a crock pot then spiking with crown.

For lunch before we head to the stadium, we are going to have about 60 mini-deli subs: turkey, roast beef, ham, and club varieties, with the normal topping choices of lettuce, pickle, onion, tomato, cheddar/swiss cheese etc.  Also making a crock pot full of my spicy sausage chip dip.  The electric griddle converts to an electric grill, so we will also have some hot dogs and brats (bahamma mammas from schmidt's) available to eat (there will be kids at the tailgate too).  We asked our friends to bring sides, and I havebeen told there will be walking tacos (mini bags of fritos with chili and cheese added, eat with a fork), wings, chips, cookies, and jello shots.

My recipe for Mulled Cider:

1 gallon apple cider (cloudy is better)
1  orange, sliced into about 8 pieces
1 piece fresh ginger
5 cinnamon sticks (3 inches long)
1 tablespoons whole cloves
1 tablespoon allspice
1/2 cup brown sugar (or 1 cup if you like it more sweet)

Place cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice in a cheesecloth (double thickness, tied), and add to crockpot with remaining ingredients.  Cook on low 2-3 hours or high for 1-1.5 hours or until hot.  Stir frequently.  Add crown royal apple to glass then ladle in some cider.  Can also add a little fireball if you want more cinnamon flavor.  For the kids, put a dab of whipped cream on top and sprinkle a little cinnamon and allspice on the cream.  Also can serve with a cinnamon stick in each glass.

Go Bucks!

2017 Gameday Meals - Week 1 vs Indiana
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 2 vs Oklahoma
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 3 vs Army
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 4 vs UNLV
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 5 vs Rutgers
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 6 vs Maryland
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 7 vs Nebraska
2017 Gameday Meals - Week 8 Bye

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments