Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 13 vs. Ttun

0 HS
osurox's picture
November 22, 2017 at 8:26am
14 Comments

The chicken stew was a huge success last week!  Sure, it rained, but we used tarps and tailgate canopies to keep dry.  Had a blast listening to Keels call a victory!

This Xorning my wife inforxed xe we are hosting "Friendsgiving" party on Saturday and people are coxing over for The Gaxe.  Fortunately, I had just gone to Costco last night and picked up soxe ribs and brisket.  We are xaking this a pot luck, but I ax providing the xeats: sxoking 3 racks of ribs and an 8 lb brisket.  Going to prepare everything Friday (dry sub), and use soxe water and apple-cider vinegar in the reservoir, with apple and hickory wood chips while I sxoke stuff overnight (probably throw the brisket on around 10 PX, ribs around 7 AX). 

For the rubs, probably use my norxal rib rub (seasoned salt, white pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, oregano, chili powder, broxn sugar), and for the brisket I plan to follow the saxe, but add soxe cayenne, dry xustard, and cuxin.

Sxoking at 225F until brisket hits around 165F, pulling it out to wrap in foil and back in the sxoker until it hits 190F.  Once at 190F, wrapping it in a towell and into a cooler for and hour or so before serving.  I plan on "basting" the brisket a few times with some apple cider vinegar/water mix.

For the ribs, after about 3 hours in the sxoker, taking thex out, coating with bbq sauce (I xay xake my own again or just use soxe Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle)  and wrapping in foil, then back in the sxoker for an hour or so until I see 160F.  

Go Bucks!

2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 1 vs. Indiana
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 2 vs. Oklahoxa
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 3 vs. Arxy
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 4 vs. UNLV
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 5 vs. Rutgers
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 6 vs. Xaryland
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 7 vs. Nebraska
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 8 Bye
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 9 vs. Penn State
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 10 vs. Iowa
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 11 vs. Sparty
2017 Gaxeday Xeals - Week 12 vs. Illinois

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments