This week, we take on hapless Rutgers, as a 55.5 point favorite; no, I am not making this up. The starters should be out before the end of the first quarter with this betting line, as Rutgers is the epitome of a dumpster fire this year.
Buckeye Nation can also breathe a sigh of relief, as Chase Young will be back next week. Face it, we really don't need him to beat Rutgers this week,. but it's a damn shame his Heisman campaign is now derailed over something that every adult is legally allowed to do (NCAA and it's archaic laws suck sometimes). But, it could have been worse and his season could be over, so let's just move on and be happy he will attack the Penn State OL like an unstoppable rebel force.
With it being Rutgers, I wanted to make a signature New York dish, and decided to go with a simple, yet tasty, go to treat: Hot Pastrami & Swiss sliders.
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (or Rye rolls, if you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp. Mustard (I plan on using Dijon)
- 1 lb. Pastrami, sliced thin
- 12 Swiss Cheese Slices
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tspn. garlic powder
- Dill Pickle Slices
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Spread mustard evenly on the bottom and top of the rolls
- Place rolls in a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Fold pastrami and place on each roll. Fold swiss cheese and place on top of pastrami
- Put the top of the roll on back top
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the diced onion to a small bowl. Stir in garlic powder, then brush garlic butter mixture all over tops of rolls and on the sides until completely covered.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes or so until tops are golden brown.
- Top with pickles (can also add the pickles to the slider before placing in the oven too)
- For those that like, add some sauerkraut before baking too (I don't care for it)
Serve with kettle chips, and wash it down with a Manhattan using Michter's Rye bourbon!
Enjoy, and Go Bucks!
Week One - Cuban Sandwiches
Week Two - Pizza Waffles
Week Three - Sugar Cream Pie
Week Four - Hangover Sliders
Week Five - Bierocks
Week Six - Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Taquitos
Week Seven - Bye
Week Eight - Italian Style Beef
Week Nine - Beef Queso Dip
Week Ten - Bye, Bye
Week Eleven - Cod Cakes