Welcome back to football Dubbers! Following a thrashing of the nation's #1 defense, our beloved Buckeyes were on their second bye week and emerged with the #1 ranking in the initial College Football Playoff rankings.
One interesting note, no team ranked third in the initial CFP poll went on to make the playoff.
So, this week Maryland comes a calling. We all know what happened last year when Maryland came up one two-point conversion short of pulling off a major upset. And, on the heels of that, Maryland was quite the media darling entering the 2019 season. But, something happened on the way to the play... Ohio State is smashing teams, and Maryland is not.
They say there are only two things Maryland does, you know - crab cakes and football.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 pound cod fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
- Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, onion, parsley, Old Bay, and egg to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
- Use a cooling rack to drain the cod cakes. Nothing is worse than greasy fish.
- You can substitute any white fish for cod (perch, pickerel, walleye, etc).
I hope you enjoy the treat, and have a great weekend - Go Bucks!
Week One - Cuban Sandwiches
Week Two - Pizza Waffles
Week Three - Sugar Cream Pie
Week Four - Hangover Sliders
Week Five - Bierocks
Week Six - Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Taquitos
Week Seven - Bye
Week Eight - Italian Style Beef
Week Nine - Beef Queso Dip
Week Ten - Bye, Bye