It's October, finally, but the weather still reminds me of summer. I even saw some Summer Shandy on tap at the local watering hole the other day...WTF!? It’s Octoberfest style lagers only; sorry, no gross pumpkin flavored beer. Sparty is coming to town, those green blooded goblins. We are also busting out the black unis, which IMO are pretty badass (sorry get off my lawn folks, but it’s 2019). Besides, the last time the Bucks wore the black uniforms the outcome was in our favor:
I typically try to make something that has to do with the opposing team, but nothing about *ichigan screams delicious food, but rather, putrid skunk weasel. Thus, my wife mentioned making something I haven’t had since we were dating in college: chicken bacon ranch taquitos.
- 2 chicken breasts, roasted and shredded
- 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 16. oz package shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2-4 Jalapenos, diced, depending on how hot you like your treats
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 dozen flour tortillas
- Roast chicken in the over, and then shred (season the chicken however you like; for these I am using some Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle).
- Fry up the bacon, then chop up.
- Mix the shredded chicken, cream cheese, diced jalapenos, chopped bacon, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and 2/3 of the ranch packet together in a big bowl (using the whole packet can be too much ranch, but use it all if you want).
- Scoop about 2-3 tbsp. of the mixture onto the flour tortillas (depending on size of tortillas; over-stuffing can occur, and it shoots out the ends while cooking), then roll up. Fill baking sheet with your taquitos, then brush with some melted butter and top with salt, if desired.
- Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes or so.
- Serve with ranch dressing, sour cream, and/or salsa.
Washing these downs with some Noble Beast Oktoberfest.
Don't forget the Bye Week Community Extravaganza is coming up next week! That's when we turn it over to you. Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to Buckeye3m via the contact link in his profile, and in next week you could see your recipe featured in TGF.
Enjoy, and Go Bucks!