Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2019 Tailgate Fare Week 2

+13 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 5, 2019 at 11:08am
20 Comments

Good morning Dubbers!  It's great to be back to the foosball, and this week we welcome the visitors from Kentucky Cincinnati.  The relationship between Cincinnati and Ohio has always been peculiar.  In fact, from where I was raised (in NW Ohio), Cincinnati was best know for Loni Anderson's....hair, or the infamous WKRP turkey drop.

So, here come the Bearcats.  And, with them come all 73 of their fans.  Although, I've never actually met one, I hear they're real - much like a bearcat itself.

Without further ado, I bring you a tailgating dish as easy as Ohio State's success against in-state opponents.

Pizza Waffles

Ingredients

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Mozzarella Cheese
Prepared Pizza Toppings of Choice
Marinara Sauce

Directions

• Preheat your waffle iron.
  • Unroll Crescent Rolls and cut them so that two rolls form a square
  • Fill half with cheese and toppings of your choosing (we stuck with pepperoni and sausage)
  • Fold over Crescent Roll onto itself and press the edges together to seal.
  • Cook in waffle iron until complete.
  • Dip or cover in marinara sauce and enjoy!

[Space reserved for troublesome photo.]

Pro Tips

Be careful not to overfill, or you could make quite a mess in your waffle iron.
Look in your grocer's refrigerator section with the breakfast food for easy to use precooked sausage crumbles (if desired).
Best eaten fresh, but warm up beautifully with about 10 seconds in the microwave.

Go Bucks!

Week One - Cuban Sandwiches

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare can be found here.
Previous editions of Gameday Meals can be found here.
The official 11W Community Tailgate Cook Book can be found here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments