Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2019 Tailgate Fare Week 3

+9 HS
osurox's picture
September 12, 2019 at 10:09am
29 Comments

This week as an away game at Indiana…which is basically another home game for the Bucks.  The past few games against teams from the Hoosier state have actually been pretty close or ended badly for us, as pointed out in the Situational.  However, I think Day and company have this train rolling right now which means victory will come as no surprise.  I’m switching it up this week and presenting a dessert: Sugar Cream Pie, which happens to be the official Indiana state pie.  I have never made this before, but I was told by my brother that lives in Indy these pies are magically delicious (props to Mr. Lucky Charms).

I found this recipe online here.  I plan on making this tomorrow night, and refrigerating until time to cut it.

Ingredients:

½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup flour
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
1 tablespoon butter
Cinnamon sugar (for dusting at the end)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crumble sugars and flour with your fingers in a mixing bowl. Add cream and vanilla and blend well.

Pour into pie shell, dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake in preheated oven at least 1 hour, or until it is bubbly on top to the center and still a bit jiggly. Cool on rack before cutting.

Pro Tip: You can use a graham cracker pie crust; store bought or home-made.  If making it yourself just crush up a bunch of graham crackers, mix in some butter, and press into the pie pan.  Bake for a few minutes before adding the sugar cream filling.  You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar on top with or instead of the cinnamon-sugar dusting as well.

I plan on drinking some white Russians during the game while scarfing down some pie.

Go Bucks!

Week One - Cuban Sandwiches
Week Two - Pizza Waffles

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare can be found here.
Previous editions of Gameday Meals can be found here.
The official 11W Community Tailgate Cook Book can be found here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments