Good Morning Dubbers. I have a conference call, so I'm dropping TGF a little early this week.
first next test is upon us and, thanks to Wisconsin doing Wisconsin things, there's a little shine off the penny. But, the Badgers are coming to town, and now they're likely going to be a hungry bunch. Hungry for cheese, probably. More on that in a minute.
In what could be a preview of the B1G Championship Game, Wisconsin still has their entire season laid out before them, they just used their mulligan on one of the easiest holes on the course - and they are about to make the turn. This also had me wondering about B1G CG rematches, so I did a little digging thru the annals of history to research such a storied game.
Each of the first two games featured regular season rematches, and we haven't seen one since. But, the interesting point behind this is that in each of those two conference title matches, the team that lost the regular season game won the rematch.
Here's to history not repeating itself!
Unless we need it to repeat itself...
And, here's to cheesy goodness! I bring you:
Beef Queso Dip
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 Ounce Ground Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Canned Chopped Green Chilies
- 1/4 Cup Salsa Verge
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, Cajun seasoning, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper (to taste). Cook until browned, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain fat and transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Add Velveeta to the pan, stir until melted. Stir in Monterrey Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and salsa verde until well combined.
- Stir in ground beef and cilantro until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Subsitute a can of Rotel for the diced tomatoes and chilies - duh, that's Rotel.
Enjoy, and Go Bucks!
Week One - Cuban Sandwiches
Week Two - Pizza Waffles
Week Three - Sugar Cream Pie
Week Four - Hangover Sliders
Week Five - Bierocks
Week Six - Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Taquitos
Week Eight - Italian Style Beef