Statistically, no Ohio State quarterback has ever been more efficient than C.J. Stroud was this season.
With his record-breaking performance in the Rose Bowl, in which he threw for more yards (574) than any Ohio State quarterback ever has in a single game, Stroud broke Ohio State’s single-season records for completion percentage, passer rating and passing yards per game.
Stroud finished the season with a completion percentage of 71.9, breaking the previous school record of 70.2 percent by Justin Fields in 2020.
Stroud also finished the season with a passer rating of 186.6, surpassing the previous school record of 181.4 by Fields in 2019.
Additionally, Stroud broke the school record of passing yards per game by averaging 369.6 yards per game across his 12 starts this season, topping the previous record of 345.1 passing yards per game by Dwayne Haskins in 2018.
- #6 Ohio State 48, #11 Utah 45
- • Buckeyes Beat Utah in a Rose Bowl Shootout
- • Ohio State Relied on Senior Leadership in Comeback Win
- • C.J. Stroud and Jaxon Smith-Njigba Set The Bar For 2022
- • Ohio State Set Several Records
- • Ohio State Postgame • Notebook • Quotebook
- • Photos • Five Things • Band Performance • 3 Key Stats • Social Reactions