Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2019 TAILGATE FARE WEEK 13

+5 HS
osurox's picture
November 21, 2019 at 11:24am
30 Comments

Week 13 is here Dubbers, and in the words of the the great Keith Jackson, "this one should be a dandy".  Also, I want to give a shout out to Walt for my favorite poster yet.  Seriously, this guy is talented and brings it every week.  Keep up the good work!

This season has flown by, and Saturday marks the last home game for a fantastic group of seniors and possibly a few juniors going pro.  Coach Day has asked Buckeye Nation to show up and be as loud/disruptive as possible, so let's do what we can to honor those playing their last game at the Shoe and help bring home a victory!

Also, Chase Young is back, and I am setting the over/under on his sack total at 3; coach Franklin is definitely salty too.  I am setting up a tailgate close to the Ag building, so for those on campus stop on by (will have a balloon tied to our tent).  As such, we will be down on campus at 6 am to start the festivities (pumping Long Tall Sally every hour btw), and I am making some breakfast pizzas.

Ingredients:

• 1 pizza crust (pillsbury)
  • 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 pound bacon
  • 1 pound sausage (I use Bob Evan's hot)
  • 1 package cheddar cheese
  • 1 package colby jack cheese
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 green pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 Tbsp butter, melted

Directions:

•  Fry bacon and sausage, chop up (you can bake the bacon too, as I have been told this works great)
  • Chop up peppers.
  • Preheat oven to 350F (whatever the pizza crust roll says, i think it is 350).
  • Mix the 12 eggs, bacon, milk, sausage, peppers, salt/pepper, and colby jack cheese in a big bowl.  It will look like a sloppy mess, but have faith.
  • Roll out the pizza crust on a round baking sheet, and curl up the edges (this is paramount).  Brush melted butter over the crust. Dump the bowl of eggs etc. onto the pizza crust.  The curled up edges act like a wall to hold the mixture in.
  • Top with cheddar cheese.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or so, but pay attention as you don't want to burn the pizza but you want the eggs to cook up nice, almost like a quiche.
  • Remove from oven and cut up (I do squares).
  • Serve with bloody marys/mimosas/screwdrivers.

You can add onions, ham, tomatoes etc. to this if you want.  Swap out the cheese or add more if you want as well.  Make sure to roll the edges, as the egg mixture can leak out over the edge, onto the bottom of the oven and burn.  

Enjoy, and Go Bucks!

Week One - Cuban Sandwiches
Week Two - Pizza Waffles
Week Three - Sugar Cream Pie
Week Four - Hangover Sliders
Week Five - Bierocks 
Week Six - Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Taquitos
Week Seven - Bye
Week Eight - Italian Style Beef
Week Nine - Beef Queso Dip
Week Ten - Bye, Bye
Week Eleven - Cod Cakes
Week Twelve- Pastrami Sliders

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare can be found here.
Previous editions of Gameday Meals can be found here.
The official 11W Community Tailgate Cook Book can be found here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments