Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Monday: More thoughts from Saturday, plenty of freshmen see action, reaction to Michigan's loss, UM QB recruit Shane Morris lays a turd in his first prep game of the fall and let us know if you're willing to help 11W with a special project. (Jason)
- Tuesday: The depth chart is released, Urban's good luck Buckeye, how Meyer and Herman collaborate on plays, B1G power rankings, a national injury report and the ACC fills our Monday night football void. (Sarah)
- Wednesday: The new polls are out, let the Braxton for Heisman whispers start, Buckeyes impress the stats majors, following Saban's plan and Phil Steele-ing some love. (Chad)
- Thursday: Ohio State can win a trophy after all, UCF brings a ton of confidence with them on Saturday, more on Devin Smith's circus grab and long live Twitter. (Jeff)
- Friday: Bring on Act II of the Braxton Miller show, young Griffin making his own mark, the B1G and PAC-12 face off this weekend, Western Kentucky carries some moxie into the matchup with 'Bama, former Buckeyes ink foreign hoops deals and USA Today is looking for the best college football town. (Chris)
This Week in Editorials
- Five Things: Miami: An 11W staple makes its 2012 debut. (Chris)
- The Return of the Native: Ohio State got a lift Saturday from the return of Nathan Williams. (Kyle)
- Jumping to Conclusions: What we can infer about this team moving forward after 60 minutes of play. (Sarah)
- The Freak Show: Urban's aggressive style on special teams gets results in week one. (Kyle)
- That New Car Smell: A crazy set of circumstances brings Meyer to Columbus and he makes watching Buckeye football a lot more fun. (Ramzy)
- Meyer's QBs Can't Help But Enter the Heisman Race: History shows how successful Urban's QBs are. (Kyle)
- The Situational: Week Two: Some more fun and wagers, as you get ready for week two. (Ramzy)
- Preview: Central Florida at #14 Ohio State: A look at Ohio State's second opponent of the season. (Kyle)
This Week in Recruiting
- 11W Recruiting Notebook: UCF Week. (Alex)
Best of the Rest
- The Dubgate Welcomes the New King: Your gameday morning open thread. (11W Staff)
- Miami Live Blog: Nothing like watching the Ohio State game with some internet brethren. (11W Staff)
- Urban Era Opens in Style: Good times, once again, in Columbus. (Chris)
- Buckeye Offense Flexes Muscles in Meyer's Debut: A recap (with stats) of the Buckeyes' first win in 2012. (Kyle)
- Miami Notebook: Boren Back In the Fold: News, notes and quotes from the post game. (Kyle)
- B1G Recap: The Playa Hater's Ball: A mediocre weekend of B1G football produced nine wins and one huge loss on national TV. (Johnny)
- Debriefing: Miami: A new 11W feature will make you the smartest person at the water cooler. (Jeff)
- Beyond the Hashes: Miami: The new stat session is reborn and features actual game numbers. (Chad)
- Quotebook: Miami: More quotes from coaches and players after the game. (Kyle)
- BlogPoll Ballot: September 3: Alabama moves into the top spot after their convincing win over UM. (David)
- Meyer Presser Recap: Central Florida: The focus shifts towards UCF during Urban's weekly luncheon. (Kyle)
- Buckeyes Grade Out Winners in Opener: Players with a winning performance are now members of Meyer's Champions Club. (Kyle)
- Where Are They Now: Jake Ballard: Another new 11W feature catches up with Jake Ballard of the N.E. Patriots. (Alex)
- Satisfaction Found in Slow Start: A further look at some story lines from Saturday's win. (Kyle)
- Ohio State v. Miami(Ohio): Offensive Breakdown: Another great in-depth look at OSU's offense. (Ross)
- Dotting the "i" in iPad: The new iPads for the student-athletes are a huge help. (Kyle)
- Eleven Dubcast: Discos and Dragons: Chris Leak joins the Dubcast for great insight into playing for UFM. (Johnny and Sarah)
- As Tough As They Come: A history lesson on the great two-sport Buckeye Bo Rein. (Joe)
- Around The Oval: We welcome new 11W Intern, Evan Anslow, for this weekly feature. (Evan)
- Hot Off the Press: UCF Game Poster: Soon your living room will be a collection of Walt masterpieces. (11W Staff)
- Wednesday Practice Updates: Central Florida: News, notes and quotes from mid-week. (Kyle)
- Prognosticating: UCF: Correctly pick the score and win a cool 11W shirt. (11W Staff)
- Ohio State v. Miami(Ohio): Defensive Breakdown: An in-depth look at OSU's defense. (Ross)
- Your Thursday Night Open Thread: Boy, Pittsburgh sure does suck. (11W Staff)
- 11W Round Table: Central Florida: The staff's thoughts on the team so far and what to expect against the Knights. (David)
- UCF Bucknotes: Your guide to keeping UCF's Jordans and Justins straight. (11W Staff)
- Buckshot: Scarlet & Gray the Shoe.
- Buckshot: Mathieu to Enroll at LSU.
- Buckshot: NCAA Fails Miserably, Turns a Blind Eye to UNC's Academic Misdeeds.
- Buckshot: Ohio Stadium Rated Seventh Loudest by Bruce Feldman.
- Buckshot: Saban Being Saban.
- Buckshot: The Big Ten Needs Your Help.
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP for the WEEK of AUGUST 25-31, 2012: Modell is dead, by MAESTRO, The passing of Art Modell, one of Ohio's most all-time controversial sports figures fuels this week debate.