Jim Harbaugh has his first win in six tries against Ohio State, and he's already throwing shade.
After besting the Buckeyes 42-27 and earning his first win against Ohio State as a coach, Harbaugh wasted no time enjoying it in his postgame press conference, taking a not-so-subtle shot at Buckeye coach Ryan Day.
"Some people were born on third and think they hit a triple."– Jim Harbaugh on Ryan Day
When asked about his thoughts on Ohio State's trash-talking in recent years, Harbaugh took a jab at Day, insinuating that his success is not a result of his own work.
"Some people were born on third and think they hit a triple," Harbaugh said, according to
Nick Baumgardner of The Athletic.
The comment is in reference to Day inheriting an elite program and a talented team from former head coach Urban Meyer following his retirement after the 2018 season. Day was immediately successful at Ohio State, making the College Football Playoff in each of his first two seasons.
Harbaugh's spicy comments are likely fueled by Day's comments back in 2020, when he privately told his team that Ohio State was going to "hang 100" on Michigan that season.
In any case, Harbaugh's latest comments only fuel a rivalry that never lacks intensity.
- #2 Ohio State 27, #5 Michigan 42
- • Ohio State Loses to Michigan for the First Time in 10 Years
- • Buckeye Fans' Worst Fears are Realized
- • The Loss to Michigan Kills Championship Hopes
- • Jim Harbaugh Wasted No Time Tossing Shade at Ryan Day
- • Ohio State Postgame • Notebook • Quotebook
- • Photos • Five Things • Debriefing • 3 Key Stats • Social Reactions