- @JWagner11W 2014 safety Quincy Wilson told a Florida reporter that he will announce in August. Will commit to same school as Ermon Lane. UF the favorite
- @TremendousUM 2014 Glenville products Marshon Lattimore, Erick Smith to attend #Michigan BBQ tomorrow
- @SWiltfong247 Cleveland (OH) Benedictine Top50 ATH Jerome Baker tells me he was unable to make it to #Michigan today
Scout $ - Cornell speaks highly of the Irish '15 MN DE Jashon Cornell
- From the ND site....Hearing the most from Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Florida, Florida State, Iowa & Minnesota. Up to 24 offers & plans on releasing a top 10 after his season starts.
ESPN $ - After offer, Berrios ponders next move '14 NC ATH Braxton Berrios
- By Bournival....Says Ohio State is a big offer & the one he's been chasing. Down to Ohio State, Clemson, Kentucky, Miami, Tennessee, South Carolina and West Virginia. Wants to take an official to Ohio State & will enroll early.
Scout $ - Hooker on top six, timeline '14 PA ATH Malik Hooker
- By Garcia Jr....Pitt, West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Virginia Tech. No timeline for a decision.
Scout $ - OSU FNL: MVP Damon Webb '14 MI DB Damon Webb
- By The Bank....Recaps his battles with Eric Glover-Williams. Participated at Friday Night Lights because he wanted to receive coaching from Coach Coombs. Loved the coaching he received & hopes it will be the same when he arrives on campus. Talks about recruiting & his relationship with Raekwon McMillan.
The second annual Friday Night Lights camp has concluded, but the coverage has just begun. Many of Ohio State's commitments were in attendance, but chose not to workout. However, Friday Night Lights gave us a sneak peek of many of Buckeyes top 2015 recruiting targets.
Rutgers recruiting: Top N.J. RB, Jonathan Hilliman, high on RU after visit; to decide the week of August 12 (NJ)
Jonathan Hilliman would add to the Rutgers offense something they haven't had for a long while, now: A big, bruising running back who does his best work inside the tackle box. The 6-1, 235-pound St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) standout took a visit to Rutgers campus, Friday, with his mother and father, and left with a better idea of what the Scarlet Knights have in store for him... if he were to choose to go there.
Winter Park defensive end Trent Harris has narrowed his list of 22 college football scholarship offers to three finalists with Florida, Miami and Ohio State still in the hunt.
The 6-foot-2, 231-pound Harris will announce his decision Monday at noon via The Orlando Sentinel’s live YouTube web stream via this link.
Like most college football prospects, Harris said the most difficult part of narrowing his list was calling those coaches from the schools that did not make the cut. Among the other schools offering Harris were Florida State, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and Boston College, to which teammate WR Gabe McClary committed earlier this summer.
Recruit Eric Glover-Williams says Ohio State wants him as face of 2015 class: With video (cleveland)
COLUMBUS, Ohio – When you arrive at a football camp and the other hundred-plus campers are wearing red or gray camp T-shirts, and you're wearing a red T-shirt with the Superman logo, you've got to back it up.
“Oh yeah, for sure, when I wear the 'S' on my chest, I've got to show you how it's really done when I go out there,” Canton McKinley junior Eric Glover-Williams said on Friday night. “I like being competitive. I'm really competitive.”
MotSaG Chat with Corey Avery (Men of the Scarlet and gray)
Interviewing the electric 2014 running back Corey Avery at 5″10 185 lbs who runs a blazing 4.45 40 yard dash was a pleasure, he’s a great kid and he will succeed wherever he ends up. Corey’s natural position is running back and he would be a great fit at OSU due to him also being able to lineup in the slot at receiver. He has very good vision which I think is Corey’s best quality. Corey hits the hole very hard and does not shy away from contact like most 175 lb running backs. Corey is from the prestigious Dallas Carter High School in Dallas, Texas. Corey is putting up outstanding numbers against the best high school football teams in the country. His stats this past season totaled 131 rushes for 839 yards including 13 touchdowns. Corey also hauled in 25 passes racking up 395 receiving yards resulting in 6 touchdowns.
Wes Welker clone Braxton Berrios' Friday Night Lights performance put him in position to potentially become a future Buckeye. Check out which one-on-one battle had everyone talking yesterday evening.
Roughly a year ago today, one of the most talked about players by fans (as well as some recruiting analysts) was Raleigh, North Carolina wide receiver Braxton Berrios. The diminutive Berrios (who checks in at just 5-8, 170 pounds) was one of the real head turners at Nike's The Opening 2013, earlier this month in Beaverton, Oregon, but checks in at just a 3-star on the 247Composite rankings, largely on account of scouts' fixation with his size.
But Berrios passed the eye test long ago, leaving many Ohio State fans wanting the sequel to last year's standout FNL performance so that the speedy, sure handed potential Z-receiver in OSU's spread offense could get the offer both he and Buckeye fans have so desperately pined for.