Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare Week 10

+11 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 3, 2016 at 12:19pm
47 Comments

Good afternoon, Dubbers.  I hope everyone is having a good week. 

Well, the first CFP Poll has dropped, and it sure seems to have stirred the pot - particularly the part about A&M. But rest easy, all will be right with the world, provided the Buckeyes handle their business.  And, if they don't?  Well then, who really cares about Texas A&M at that point anyways. 

All of our attention should be in one place - Ohio Stadium.  And, our pregame tailgate for our match up with the Cornhuskers.  Tommy Armstrong, Jr. seems like a formidable opponent, and he can surely beat you with his legs.  So, hopefully, the Bucks don't spend all of their time in man coverage where everyone in the defensive backfield has their backs turned to him until he's already gained 20 yards.  And, I don't know what this new found fascination is with everyone putting Junior on their uniforms.  I'm a Junior and I've left it off of everything my entire adult life. But, I digress.

Nebraska is coming to town, and I want to put some zone coverage on a tasty corn themed dish, so after weighing some options, I thought this one was most worthy of sharing with you fine folks.

Hot Corn Dip

INGREDIENTS

2½ cups fresh, frozen or drained canned corn
2 (4-ounce) cans green chiles, drained
1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
2 cups Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 350º F.
  • Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Stir together corn, chiles, jalapeno pepper, cheeses and yogurt or mayonnaise, and bacon until well-combined.
  • Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
  • Bake until lightly browned, about 35-40 minutes.
  • Serve warm with pita chips, Melba Toast, Fritos Scoops, or hearty corn chips of your choosing.

PRO TIPS

• We use Mayo, instead of Greek yogurt (Hellman's to be specific).
  • Let frozen corn thaw out, and drain any water. Mrs 3M uses a certain frozen corn that we can only find at her parents' house in Mississippi.  So, just go with what you know.
  • You can make this less spicy, if desired, by de-seeding the jalapenos before combining ingredients.
  • This is an easy dish to pack up in an insulated carrying case to transport to the stadium.

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad
Week 2 - Hurricanes
Week 3 - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Week 4 – Macaroni Salad & Deviled Eggs
Week 5 – BBQ Baked Beans
Week 6 - Crescent Roll Jalapeño Poppers
Week 7 – Hot Sausage Cheese Dip
Week 8 - Walking Tacos
Week 9 - Crustless Quiche

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments