Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare Week 6

+6 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 5, 2016 at 12:52pm
42 Comments

With conference play underway, the Buckeyes appear to be breezing along.  It looks like they’re motivated, focused, disciplined, and ready to devour Indiana.  Because, devouring is an operative word around here, at the Tailgate Fare World Headquarters.  Unlike like last year at this time, I think our beloved team is going to roll Saturday. Although, that doesn’t mean I take Indiana lightly.  I simply think they’re going to be overwhelmed by the Buckeyes.

So, keeping in the spirit of trying to find some tangential connection between the food and the game, I think that Saturday will be a game where a team prepares very well, and has an easy go of it.  And, getting back to the heart of the matter, not all tailgate num-nums need to be elaborate and complicated. 

Last week, I offered you the most time consuming recipe imaginable, so this week I bring you a tasty treat that is simple, quick, and tasty.  If you remember last year, I shared a similar recipe to this one:

Crescent Roll Jalapeño Poppers

INGREDIENTS

1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (8 oz)
8 small jalapeño chiles
1 container garden vegetable cream cheese
1 package Hormel real bacon bits

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Separate the dough into the eight triangles on a cutting board, slicing each pre-cut triangle in half to create sixteen smaller triangles.
  • Slice the jalapeño chiles in half lengthwise, remove seeds.
  • Sprinkle bacon bits in each jalapeño half.
  • Fill each jalapeño with cream cheese spread and top with a few more bacon bits.
  • Place one stuffed chile at the base of the triangle and roll up, towards the opposite point.
  • Place down on an ungreased cookie sheet (better yet line your sheet with parchment paper).
  • Bake for 16 minutes, or until the crescent rolls appear crispy brown.

PRO TIPS

The original recipe didn’t call for the bacon bits, but I added them in, because bacon. 

Parchment paper is your friend.  If you don’t have some, do yourself a favor and put it on your list.

If you’re taking these to a tailgate, place them in a heated baking dish and place inside an insulated transport case, and they’ll be hot and fresh for your tailgate.

I hope everyone enjoys these, and has a great weekend.  As always, sharing a recipe of your own below is always encouraged.

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad
Week 2 - Hurricanes
Week 3 - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Week 4 – Macaroni Salad & Deviled Eggs
Week 5 – BBQ Baked Beans

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments