Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's 2016 Tailgate Fare, Week 1

+21 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 1, 2016 at 10:38am
123 Comments

Finally, it is upon us.  It’s the weekend we’ve all been waiting for, for almost nine months, with the anticipation of expecting parents.  We all have hopes and dreams, but we just want it to be happy.  Be it kids or football, the birth of each brings us a world of learning, excitement, and the unknown.  They might be wobbly at first, and they’ve got to crawl before they walk; walk before they run, but they’ll get their legs under them, and do their best. 

The beginning of college football season is the most exciting time of the year for me, and I suspect for many of you as well. Last year we did tailgate food from dips to desserts, and a little bit of everything in between.  So, my goal this year is to share, and hopefully see from some of you, some more great recipes to make Saturday football that much better.  My stomach is growling a little just thinking about it. 

This offseason has sucked much worse than others, but mainly because my mom passed away during the spring game.  So, today I’m delivering a recipe straight from her.  Not to dampen the mood, but football and food are cathartic.  So, I figured that her Dill Dip did so well last year, this one might be popular, too.  Well, unless you dislike cucumbers, that is.  If you don’t like cucumbers, I could offer you something to chase away your sorrows (courtesy of RubixTube).

But, the good news is, my forum title appears to be catching on.

Cucumber Spaghetti Salad

INGREDIENTS

1 lb angel hair pasta cooked
3 cucumbers - seeded and diced small
1/2 cup onion - chopped fine
1 jar Marzetti Original Slaw Dressing - can be light
10 oz Half & Half
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. dill weed

DIRECTIONS

Prepare pasta in boiling water.
Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly, and set aside.
Drain pasta and place in a large bowl, pour all ingredients over the pasta, and stir.
Refrigerate overnight, stirring several times.

PRO TIPS

There really isn’t much to this recipe, it’s just simple and delicious, and every time I’ve taken this to a tailgate, it’s disappeared. Feel free to drop your favorite recipe on us.  Or, if you want to think about it and get back to us, our bye week edition was pretty good last year.

Hopefully everyone enjoys their tailgate/game day spread!

And, since it’s kickoff weekend, why not a bonus recipe?  This is one I came across online and it looks delicious.  Don’t we have some Knob Creek fans around here? 

Bon appetite!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 123 Comments