Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Weekly Tailgate Fare

+1 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 2, 2015 at 11:50am
49 Comments

This recipe is a favorite of Mrs 3M and I, so I thought that I’d share it with you, and see what you guys and gals like to make for your tailgate.  Every week I’m going to consult Mrs 3M on a recipe to share with my fellow Dubbers.  I started with this one, in particular, because it’s a classic, and you’ll probably make it for more than just a tailgate – if you’re a fan of buffalo chicken.  And, since kick off is tomorrow night, no sense in waiting until Friday.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces (for dipping - optional)
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers – we use Pita Chips, because it’s a hardy dip and tortilla chips break easily.

Crockpot Directions: (Preferred method for us, for ease of transport to the tailgate, as well as keeping it warm when eaten at home)

Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Stovetop Directions:  (Pinched for time? This is much quicker.)

Melt together cream cheese, chicken, ranch, and hot sauce.
Then, mix with the cheddar cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Tip: Covering with aluminum foil will help keep the dip moist at your tailgate.

I hope everyone enjoys it, and I’d love to see some of your ideas and recipes below. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments