Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Bye Week Community Tailgate Extravaganza

+1 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 29, 2015 at 8:27am
136 Comments

Well, Dubbers, here we are – undefeated after two-thirds of the season and in prime position to make a run at number nine.  But, time off for Buckeyes isn't just time off for them, it's also someone else's bye week...Mrs 3M.  So, since many of us have very different bye week plans, I think we deserve a diverse selection of bye week food.

Hopefully, I'll enjoy some of these tasty brisketachos in KC Tuesday night.

So, I’m calling on you commentariat, to come thru in the clutch.  Post your best recipes below. 

This year, top billing for the community extravaganza goes to JohnnyKozmo, who inspired the idea.  So, without further ado, here are some fine looking recipes from one of our own.

Crab Dip

Ingredients:
1lb Crab Meat-I prefer claw meat, but you can use lump or backfin as well; imitation crab meat is for fans of the TTUN-BOOM. (I think Johnny Kozmo is taking a shot at me someone here.)
1lb Cream Cheese-I use reduced fat Neutfechel (spelling?) cheese to make myself feel better about eating a 1lb of crab meat. You can use regular Cream Cheese if desired, but don't use fat free, it doesn't set up right.
1/2T Horseradish
1t Worcestershire Sauce
1t Lemon Juice
1/2t Tabasco
1t Old Bay for mixture; a few dashes on top
1/4C Shredded Cheese
Greased Baking Dish (2 1/2 Qt)
Crackers, pita chips, or bread for dipping. I like to buy a french baguette, slice it, and then lightly toast the slices in the oven so they still have some elasticity and not completely crunchy.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl (works best by hand). Transfer to baking dish and level out. Top with additional shredded cheese and a few dashes of Old Bay. Bake at 375 until the mixture is bubbling around the edges and the cheese on top is completely melted, usually 20-30 minutes. *Disclaimer-I don't usually measure ingredients, so these amounts might be a little off. If you want less heat, back off on the horseradish and/or Tabasco*

Salmon Bites (Served Cold)-and I really don't have a name for these, usually just cold salmon thingees. Any name suggestion is welcomed.

A piece of salmon, size doesn't matter (for real), baked and chilled. The amount you cook depends on how many servings you want. I usually bake a piece about 10-12oz, and get 25-35 portions. I season my salmon with dill and lemon pepper.

Sauce Ingredients:
1/3C Sour Cream
1t Dill
1t Worcestershire
Couple splashes of Lemon Juice

You can serve this a few different ways. 1 way is to slice a cucumber, then a dollop of sauce, and then come flakes of salmon (I flake the salmon by hand, don't worry about uniformity, should be 1/4oz-1/2oz per portion). Another way is to slice a French baguette or a pita chip, sauce and then salmon. To really blow minds, you can go baguette/pita, then cucumber, sauce, salmon.

This is very simple, but it's always been well received, and everyone thinks you are an executive chef.

3M’s Pro Tip: t = teaspoon and T = Tablespoon (big T = bigger spoon of the two)

Previous Tailgate Fare:
Weeks 1-4
Weeks 5-8

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 136 Comments