Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare - Week 8

+10 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 20, 2016 at 11:49am
39 Comments

Another night banger is upon us, this time in white out conditions.  It's great to get to play in great atmospheres like Madison and State College, but it would be nice not to have them jammed down our throats in back to back weeks, but such is life.

Speaking of which, lately my life has been extremely hectic – work, home, kids’ activities, work, and more work, which is all seriously cutting into my 11W time.  This all has us striving for simple solutions to the supper meal at the 3M household.  Also, it has me scrambling for what I’m going to make Saturday for the tailgate at the KState – Texas game. The great thing about day and night games is that there is no conflict (in the minds of others - because there isn't in mine), I can just enjoy the entire day.

And since our boys aren’t playing until the nightcap, I think I’ve found a good intermediary solution.  In between games, I think I’m going to make some Walking Tacos.

Easy Walking Tacos

INGREDIENTS

1 pound ground beef
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (15.5 ounce) can Hormel Chili with beans
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup picante sauce
Sour Cream
Jalapeños, or Green Onions
Tabasco Sauce
Guacamole
Individual Sized bags of Fritos Corn Chips

DIRECTIONS

• Combine chili and 2 tablespoons of picante sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until heated through.
  • In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with taco seasoning mix according to seasoning mix package directions.
  • Combine chili and taco meat in the large skillet and let simmer, to bring the tastes together.
  • Open bags of Fritos. Spoon in chili, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and jalapenos (or green onions), or whatever fixings you enjoy, and add a dash or two of Tabasco Sauce for good measure.

Stick a fork in it – it’s done!

Mix that baby up to your liking and eat it all up.

PRO TIPS

• Substitute Tony Packo's chili (original or chicken) for some good Ohio flavor.
  • You can substitute Nacho Cheese Doritos, or individual sized bags of your favorite tortilla chips, for the Fritos corn chips.
  • Making a can of your refried beans doesn’t hurt at all, I usually do.
  • After adding the taco ingredients, cut the bag down for easy eating, or begin by opening the bag sideways.

I hope everyone enjoys these, and has a great weekend.  As always, sharing a recipe of your own below is always encouraged.

PSA: Next week, the TGF will have to come to you late Wednesday afternoon, as I will be indisposed Thursday during my normal time slot. 

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad
Week 2 - Hurricanes
Week 3 - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Week 4 – Macaroni Salad & Deviled Eggs
Week 5 – BBQ Baked Beans
Week 6 - Crescent Roll Jalapeño Poppers
Week 7 – Hot Sausage Cheese Dip

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments