Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare Week 9

+4 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 27, 2016 at 7:02pm
44 Comments

Better late than never, I suppose.

My apologies for not getting this out in a timely fashion, but I believe in commitment, so here it is.  I've been extremely busy, as I've whined about before, but it got the better of me today, and in spite of my best time management efforts, time just got away from me.

So, in the spirit of "oh shit, I'm in a bind', I have an awesome, quick, easy recipe for a great breakfast dish that is perfect for morning tailgates.

3M's Crustless Quiche

INGREDIENTS

18 Eggs
1 lb Spicy Sausage
One Green Pepper
One Medium Onion
One bag shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Sour Cream
Milk

DIRECTIONS

• In a large stove top (or electric) skillet brown the sausage.  Be sure to use your spatula to make the smallest chucks possible for better distribution.
  • While the meat is browning, dice the green pepper and onion, and set aside.
  • When the sausage is browned, add the onion and green pepper. Cook until the onions begin to get a translucent color and the green peppers start to soften and get dark.
  • While the meat, green peppers, and onion is cooking crack all 18 eggs in a large bowl and whisk them thoroughly, as you would scrambled eggs. Add a scoop of sour cream and a little bit of milk to the eggs and whisk until blended.  Add salt and pepper, as desired.
  • Add the eggs to the meat, green peppers, and onions.
  • Cook over low-to-medium heat, ensuring you mix as you go to prevent burning.
  • As the eggs cook, they become less runny, and start to set up, reduce heat to low and press out flat in the skillet with the spatula.
  • Top with cheese, using as much as desired (up to and including the entire bag).
  • Let sit until all of the cheese is melted, and serve sliced to desired size.  

PRO TIPS

• If using a round skillet, pizza wedge slices work great.  If using a rectangular electric skillet, square slices work best.
  • You can also scoop this into tortillas and top with salsa for great breakfast burritos.
  • Use Bob Evans spicy sausage, for best results.  That's what I do.
  • Placing this in an insulated bag to transport to your tailgate is super easy, and this dish always disappears when I make it.

Again, I apologize for the delay in posting, but I hope you enjoy this quiche variation.  It's simple to prepare, and tastes delicious.

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad
Week 2 - Hurricanes
Week 3 - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Week 4 – Macaroni Salad & Deviled Eggs
Week 5 – BBQ Baked Beans
Week 6 - Crescent Roll Jalapeño Poppers
Week 7 – Hot Sausage Cheese Dip
Week 8 - Walking Tacos

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments