I have watched 4 or 5 College Football Playoff previews and they seem to have the same script no matter whether is it ESPN, CBSSports, or others:
1. No one is talking about Clemson is their first point. Dabo Sweeney should be thanking the media for underrating this team. The problem with that is that EVERYONE in the media is talking about Clemson and complaining that they have been overlooked.
2. Clemson is dominant on both sides of the ball as they have blown out everyone by 35+ points. That is true. The problem is that not one of their wins was over a team in the top 25.
3. Ohio State showed it's weaknesses against Wisconsin and now we are vulnerable. Yes, we are not a perfect team but those weaknesses were against teams far better then Clemson has faced.
4. Clemson has been there before. Yes, they are more experienced and this is probably the best argument in favor of Clemson, especially when it comes to the QB position.
4. Clemson is better at every position except Defensive Line. I really don't know what to say about that only that the media just can't stop gushing about the Tigers.
At the end of the day, I have heard only 1 media person (Rick Neuheisel) pick Ohio State. How did we go from the looking like the most dominant and complete team to an afterthought because of one bad half of football?