Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Question on Justin Fields' Hardship Waiver

+7 HS
NeemOSU's picture
January 4, 2019 at 9:43pm
50 Comments

It was noted that Fields had to transfer in without knowing whether or not he'd get the hardship waiver. I know many are thinking he's a shoe in for the waiver to be granted, but is he really?

His main argument would be the racial slur that was directed towards him, and that made him feel uncomfortable. That's a great argument. My question is this:

Would the NCAA agree?

I can understand how serious that issue is, but if it was that important, why did he not consider transferring in October, when the incident happened? Why did we only find out about that possibility last month, when there was a report that he was unhappy with playing time? And if this is a serious situation (which it is), why are his parents allowing his sister to go to the same school that her brother was subjected to racism?

Don't get me wrong, I WANT FIELDS, regardless of how I feel about Tate Martell, but I can see the timing of the issue coming up as a problem, and maybe blocking him from being eligible immediately. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments