Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jim Delaney on Schedule Changes

+7 HS
stantmann's picture
December 5, 2018 at 5:32pm
74 Comments

Was reading on ESPN today, Jim Delaney apparently doesn't want an 8 game league schedule, would consider playing the top 2 teams in the B1G for the title, and says the CFP does not define us.

Here's an excerpt: "[The playoff] doesn't define us," Delany told reporters after speaking at the Learfield Intercollegiate Athletics Forum. "I'm going to be disciplined about it. I know the quality of our football. I know our players, I know the coaches, I know the competition. What we created in our structure is not exclusively for the CFP. It's for the season-ticket holder, it's for the players, it's for our institutions to build a conference. That's why they play nine. If we wanted to get in and that was the holy grail, the No. 1 objective, maybe we would be at eight. Maybe we would be playing [more FCS opponents]."

Delany said he knows the seasons when the league is down and that this fall has been strong overall with three teams -- No. 6 Ohio State, No. 7 Michigan and No. 12 Penn State -- that he feels could win a national title.

"We want to play people, we want to beat people, our fans want it, our coaches like it," Delany said. "Does that make it hard to get into the CFP? Apparently."

Here's the entire article: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25460556/big-ten-commiss...

If we can't get the ACC and SEC to schedule up, should we schedule down? Is Jim Delaney out of touch? If this about the almighty dollar, I would imagine the CFP brings in a ton of cash, in addition to 2 to 3 more teams in bowl games.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments