Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

D-Line

0 HS
apack614's picture
July 30, 2014 at 9:24am
6 Comments

So I'm bored last night and I turned on the 2003 NC (yes I am that lame) and I start to notice a lot of similarities between that D-Line and the one we have this year. As all of you know our Pass defense was NOT the best damn pass defense in the land last year! During the 2002 season I'm sure most of you remember how our pass defense was also pretty bad, but we won that game?? With threats like Ken Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Rosco Parrish, and Willis McGahee we should have been destroyed down the field and then when we compensated they should have destroyed us up the middle... Right?

Wrong, because our D-Line was dominant all year long we were perfectly capable of blitzing NOONE and letting 5 or 6 people drop back to protect the pass down the field and the Outside LBers covering the flats, and we were still getting sacks!

I see a repeat of that in our near future with the great D-Line we have this year.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments