This year set up perfectly for two B1G teams in the CFP conversation.
1) Notre Dame was playing Wisconsin & Clemson originally. A Wisconsin win would have eliminated Notre Dame completely while giving the B1G a prestige win.
2) Oklahoma and the Big 12 as a whole is down. As we've already seen, everyone has two losses (except OK St). Oklahoma was breaking in a freshman QB.
3) Alabama and UGA finally were scheduled to play during the season. That alone dramatically increases the odds the SEC #2 team is a 2 loss team.
4) Ohio St could have eliminated the likely Pac 12 champ - Oregon, not to mention the potential for common opponent comparison games between Oregon / Wisconsin / Penn St.
5) Ohio St did not play Wisconsin in the regular season, meanwhile Penn St had a very winnable "marquee" game against Virginia Tech.
There was a very real scenario the #4 spot could have come down to 1 loss Oregon / Penn St / Wisconsin and 2 loss Georgia / Oklahoma / Notre Dame.