Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Discussion for Those Who Have Seen It (spoilers Inside)

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
December 20, 2019 at 5:13am
120 Comments

You’ve been warned by the title and additionally here, this thread is intended for those who have see the movie and this discussion will include spoilers. Read ahead at your own risk.

Saw the movie last night, LOVED it, but like everything else found some things I didn’t like so much.

I felt like they went the easy route with explaining Reys lineage. Of all the fan theory and hyperbole I read I personally liked the idea that she was a descendant of Obi-Wan over other theories, but at least they tied up that end. 

I didn’t like how they explained Snoke just being a thing the emperor created to manipulate Kylo REN. They did a good job giving that character life in the force awakens so to just explain it away half assed as a creation of the emperor to manipulate Ren and what not... seemed cheap, I think they could have used more time in the last Jedi to give us insight on Snoke.

Not getting into the movie explanation of how the anakin lightsaber ended up where it ultimately did was a missed opportunity to me especially when they made such a big deal about it in force awakens.

on the positive side, maybe I’m just a sucker for Star Wars formula, and I think this movie fell in a little to closely to Return of the Jedi and may have been a little safe, but I loved the way they told the story and as usual I thought the performances of the main characters was excellent. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 120 Comments