Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2017 Tailgate Fare Week 7

+7 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 12, 2017 at 9:12am
87 Comments

Good morning Dubbers.  This week’s edition is coming at you a little early, but it seems like that little disclaimer is getting pretty old, so deal with it.  If you get hungry too early, then your boss is just going to have to understand your early lunch. You could always tell him that you are interviewing for a position on the coaching staff at Nebraska, because job openings appear imminent. 

Last week I planted a couple of Easter Eggs about what was forthcoming in this week’s TGF. So, what I’m bringing you is part two in a delicious combination.  So, after you make those pretzel bites, try some of this…

Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip

INGREDIENTS

• 1-8 oz package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1-8 oz package extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded – divided
  • 12 slices bacon cooked and crumbled – divided

DIRECTIONS

• Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
  • In your food processor, or using your mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder.
  • Add in 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, and 6 slices crumbled bacon. Mix until everything is incorporated.
  • Spread mixture into the bottom of a pie dish. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese and 6 slices of crumbled bacon.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is warm and bubbly. Serve immediately with pretzel bites or dippers of your choice.

PRO TIPS

We use Hellman’s mayonnaise, and the mixer. 

Don’t forget to use a casserole dish with a lid, if you want to transport this to your tailgate.  Warming bags are a life saver to more than just your pizza delivery guy.

Don’t forget about next week’s community tailgate extravaganza.  If you’re new here, what I like to do is turn it over to you.  Share your favorite recipe, or a new on that you’re excited about.  And, if you hit me up on the contact link, I may make yours the feature recipe.

GO BUCKS!

Previous Editions

Week 1 – Bacon Wrapped Pickles
Week 2 – Chipotle Hummus
Week 3 – Chili Mac
Week 4 – Spinach Dip
Week 5 – Crock Pot Potato Soup
Week 6 – Pretzel Bites

2015 & 2016 Recipes can be found here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments