Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2017 Tailgate Fare - Week 1 (AKA - It's Game Week!!!)

+8 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
August 29, 2017 at 10:25am
68 Comments

It’s true indeed, it’s game week – and it’s that time of the year.  Ohio State football is all about tradition, and I'm in my usual opening week tradition of wearing a different Buckeye polo to work every day, which gets more than a few comments in these parts.  And, it also means it's time to knock the dust off of another recent football season tradition for me - time for Season 3 of 3M’s Tailgate Fare.

In the past couple of seasons we’ve shared some pretty outstanding recipes through this weekly installment, and hopefully we’ll keep going strong throughout the 2017 campaign.

To get things started this year, I am going with a new recipe a friend (and background Dubber) recently shared with me.  Like the Buckeyes’ opening opponent, they’re easy, get done quickly, and need minimal prep time.

BACON WRAPPED PICKLES

INGREDIENTS

12 mini dill pickles
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
1 clove garlic, chopped
12 slices bacon, halved

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 350º. Halve pickles and scoop out centers. Discard centers.
  • In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar, and garlic until combined.
  • Spoon mixture into pickles and wrap with a half slice of bacon.
  • Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until mixture is warm and bacon is crispy, 15 minutes.
  • Serve immediately

PRO TIPS

Don’t overlook the parchment paper, as always, it is your friend.

These go great with Ranch for dipping sauce, or any homemade variation you make.

PREVIOUS EDITIONS

2015 & 2016 Recipes can be found here.

I’d also like to invite anyone for a guest appearance, hit me up on my contact link with your recipe and anything you’d like to add – full credit is always given, of course.  And, the Bye Week Community Extravaganza will take place October 21, which is quite an improvement over last season’s week 4 bye week.  So, get ‘em ready and let’s have another good showing!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments