Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Saturday: The Buckeyes move their afternoon practice session, Devan Bogard loses his black stripe, CollegeFootballNews.com ranks the 20 toughest stadiums, Ryan Damn Shazier added 25 pounds, Tim May highlights changes in Tressel camp vs. Meyer camp and CBS Sports previews the 2012 Buckeyes. (Jeff)
- Sunday: A losing season hurts revenue in merchandise sales, the black helmet stripes replace hazing for Urban and John Calipari is a cheater and his fellow coaches know it. (David)
- Monday: Notes coming out of camp from Sunday's media day, Steve Spurrier on the evolution of college football, Jim Mora inserts foot into mouth, UM players drop the beat and the Honey Badger don't play on TV. (Jason)
- Tuesday: Pryor gets his first extended NFL action, Denard vs. Usian Bolt, Stewart Mandel's comparative study of the past six BCS winners and debating Ohio State's possible two QB package. (Chad)
- Wednesday: A Nathan Williams update, Reid Fragel gets advice from his grandfather, examining Jim Delany's role in the playoff discussion, Mike Brewster continues to fight for a Jaguar roster spot and Bob Baptist pieces together the OSU hoops schedule thus far. (Sarah)
- Thursday: Breaking down ESPN's All-Access, UCF's dance with the devil, the best RBs in the five years of the BTN and the great comeback of Nevada WR Brandon Wimberly. (Chris)
- Friday: The last day of two-a-days, Storm Klein was denied the dismissal of his criminal charges, Boom gets some PT with the Bengals last night, best case/worst case for UM this year and Montee's big adventure. (Johnny)
This Week in Editorials
- Black Stripe: Hooray Buckeyes: Freshmen have to earn their way, but the best players will play. (Kyle)
- Temporary King: Luke Fickell is a true Buckeye who steered the ship through rough seas in 2011. (Chris)
- A Backup To Believe In: Kenny Guiton is a huge upgrade over Bauserbombs. (Johnny)
- Opening the Floodgates: A new era of offensive production will erase the vanilla taste of the last decade. (Chad)
- Microfracture: The New Tommy John: A look at the new transforming procedure to hit the sports scene. (Kyle)
- The Departed: Replacing holes left by the infamous Brew Crew. (Ramzy)
- Meyer's Men: Urban's first recruiting haul at Ohio State. (David)
- Divergent Paths: The hierarchy at the TE position undergoes significant changes. (Kyle)
- Silver Bullets Post-Heacock: For the first time in 16 years, Jim Heacock won't be on the OSU sidelines. (Alex)
- Linebacker U.: Is there really an argument when it comes to this? (Kyle)
- Special Units Win Championships: The season preview continues with a look at the special teams. (Alex)
- Growing Up Buckeye: Freshman wide receiver Frank Epitropoulos is living a dream. (Kyle)
- Ninety-Nine Days: A preview of That Team Up North. (Sarah)
This Week in Recruiting
- Catching up with C.J. Reavis: Friday Night Lights. (Derek)
- Catching up with Marcus Baugh: OSU Visit. (Miles)
Best of the Rest
- Urban Meyer: State of the Program: Urban addresses the media and is pleased with what he sees through one week of practice. (Kyle)
- Media Day Roundup: News and notes from the annual media day. (11W Staff)
- Photos: Ohio State Football Media Day 2012: A beautiful array of photos from our very own Walt. (11W Staff)
- Previewing: OSU Training Days: ESPN's installment of All-Access starts tonight. (11W Staff)
- Eleven Years Ago: The Dawn of the Tressel Era: A history lesson of Tressel's first season. (Joe)
- Get Your Coffee Ready: Don't Sleep on These Players: Four players who will benefit from Meyer's coaching philosophy of playing the best. (Jeff)
- A Crash Course in Urban Game Planning: What is done in-week can have a greater impact than gameday decisions. (Ross)
- Eleven Warriors Roundtable: The good folks of 11W offer their predictions for the 2012 season. (Elika)
- Camp Meyer: Friday Roundup: Much to the relief of the players, two-a-days are over. (Kyle)
- Buckshot: USC's Lane Kiffin Relinquishes Vote in Coaches Poll.
- Buckshot: Dorian Johnson Names Favorite.
- Buckshot: Penn State's Accreditation in Jeopardy.
- Buckshot: Schutt Loses His Stripe.
- Buckshot: Taylor Decker Sheds His Stripe.
- Buckshot: Washington's Stripe Gone.
- Buckshot: Notre Dame Has New Uniforms for Shamrock Series Against Miami.
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP for the WEEK of AUGUST 11-17, 2012: scUM - Alabama, by FACTOR11. With this game just two weeks away, the hype has begun and the debate rages on.