Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Political Ads on 11W (don't They Violate Site Rules?)

+3 HS
Stellar's picture
July 26, 2020 at 11:25pm
24 Comments

Eleven Warriors has long had a no politics commenting policy, which I've always appreciated. It's great to have a place to get away from the political divisiveness that's ubiquitous everywhere else. Considering that, I was quite surprised to be shown a pro Trump, anti Biden attack ad while commenting on a post today. Pardon me for saying so, but it seems kind of hypocritical for a site that regularly removes partisan political comments to show users partisan political ads. I realize that the ads are likely sold by a third party company and are not individually approved by the guys who run Eleven Warriors, but perhaps it's worth the effort to screen those out. Apologies if this post steps on anyone's toes as that's not my intention. In fact I very much appreciate the continuing efforts made by the staff here to keep things apolitical and prevent every discussion from becoming a partisan screaming match like so much of the rest of the internet. As we get closer and closer to the November election it's going to be even harder to keep politics out of nearly every area of life. I appreciate 11W for trying and perhaps filtering out those partisan political ads is one more way to keep things here focused on sports as much as possible.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments