Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Garrett Wilson Sounds Off on Jets' Offensive Woes and Leadership

+4 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
November 22, 2022 at 12:32pm
57 Comments

Personally, I had Garrett Wilson pegged for a better season than Olave (no discredit to Olave, he has been one of the best receivers in the league this year) as I thought he had a higher ceiling, but playing for the Jets is definitely hindering him from showcasing how great he is. That being said, after a 10-3 loss to the Patriots, did anyone see Wilson's rant at what is suspected to be at QB Zach Wilson and the coaches? Here is the story by ESPN and below are some quotes from the article:

Garrett Wilson and fellow wideout Denzel Mims, who combined for only four receptions for 47 yards, were caught on camera showing frustration after errant throws by Zach Wilson.

After the crushing finish, Garrett Wilson stormed into the locker room, shouting to no one in particular, "I'm done with this!"

Garrett Wilson said the coaches "have to put more trust in the receiver room" and suggested there's a lack of accountability.

"It starts in practice," he said. "It's got to be better, the things we see and don't call out. It has to start getting called out. This is unacceptable. No one wants to feel like this, but that's not enough. ... Hopefully, this is a wake-up for some people in the facility, people in the facility to get on their details."

He declined to single out anyone, saying it's "all of us."

The wide receiver wasn't finished, once again questioning the preparation.

"It starts during the week in practice -- coaching, all of that," he said. "We have to be detailed. We all have to have a better plan. This s---'s not OK. Straight up. It's not OK. How many total yards did we have? Yeah, that s---'s not going to fly."

"Let's call it like it is: We have to be better in the passing game if we want to be where we want to be at," the former Ohio State star said. "And we know we can be there, that's the most frustrating part. We don't have to be in games like this. They didn't even score on offense, and we lost the game. Me, personally, I think we have to take it for what it is. We got our ass beat on offense, and the results showed."

Clearly this guy is a natural-born leader and despite his frustrations, still beyond proud of the success he has had in his first season with two rookie of the week honors. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments