Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

LeBron and The Brow (Anthony Davis Trade Talk)

+7 HS
Stellar's picture
June 16, 2019 at 1:41am
60 Comments

Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already so I figured I'd start one.

After months of speculation the blockbuster NBA trade everyone had been waiting for finally happened. The Pelicans traded Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and 3 first round picks. And with that Ohio's prodigal basketball son has another elite star to play with.

What do you guys think of the trade? Who won? Do you think it was a smart move? Are you excited to see LeBron and Davis play together?

Personally I've always been a LeBron fan no matter which team be was on. Of course I wish he was still playing in Ohio but I wish him well no matter what. I'm glad to see the Lakers doing whatever they an to try to maximize the last few years of James's prime. Yes they have mortgaged the future but LeBron will be 35 next year and they can't afford to waste any more time. I think LeBron and Anthony's skill sets will mesh really well and I can't wait to see them play together. I'm interested to see what other moves the Lakers make now as they have enough cap space to sign another All Star or a few high end role players. With the Warriors dynasty falling apart, the path to an NBA championship is a lot more open now than it has been in years. The Lakers could finally be set up to help The King get another Ring.

I also think the Pelicans are a really interesting team to keep an eye on moving forward. They're set up to draft a transcendent talent in Zion Williamson and put some really good young pieces around him, including the #4 pick in this year's draft. If they're careful and patient they could build something special out of all those assets.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments