Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: Would Ohio State and Michigan Playing Multiple Times in a Season Diminish the Importance of The Game?

Josh Poloha's picture
May 20, 2024 at 8:00am
73 Comments

Happy Monday, 11Wers!

In the middle of the offseason, plenty of topics have been discussed about Ohio State football, especially with expectations so high heading into the 2024 season this fall. Of late, the fact that the Big Ten is now division-less – which will allow the two best conference records at season's end to square off in the Big Ten championship – paired with the College Football Playoff expanding to 12 teams, an important topic has been brought up.

With that, I give you This Week's Question: Would Ohio State and Michigan potentially playing multiple times in one season – let alone in back-to-back weeks if the two were to make the Big Ten title – diminish the importance of The Game?

To me, I don't think it would. With seeding (and a possible bye week in the first round of the playoff) being a key part of the 12-team CFP paired with the rivalry's importance in itself, let alone bragging rights, if Ohio State and Michigan played more than once, it would likely be one of the most watched games ever given what would be on the line. In the end, can one college football season really have too much Ohio State vs. Michigan? I mean, let's be honest, it's the greatest rivalry in college sports for a reason.

What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments