Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Destiny of the Ohio State Football Program Has Never Been More Clear to Me Than It is Now.

+11 HS
chefjoey's picture
November 26, 2022 at 10:37pm
71 Comments

I waited 8 hours before I wanted to share my response. And my conclusion is that it doesn't matter how much longer Ryan Day is our coach, it could be 1 year or 10 years, but we all know that he is not going to die as Ohio State's coach. It never was his destiny. 

However, there's a guy 100 miles south who goes to bed every night and no matter what he says to anyone, even himself, deep down it pains him to know that he has a losing coaching record against Michigan. It's not something he chooses to believe. It's a part of who he is and he can't stop that feeling. No matter how much he tries. 

Ryan Day doesn't have that feeling. No matter how hard he tries to tell himself, how many times he thinks about Michigan, he cannot feel that same feeling of pain. That same feeling of pain that Luke Fickell has every night before he falls asleep and every morning when he wakes up. No matter if he acknowledges it or not. It's there. One guy is from Columbus, where it is engrained into his soul. The other guy is from New Hampshire. 

Whether it's today, tomorrow, 1 year, 5 years, one day Luke Fickell will be Ohio State's coach. He is sitting there waiting. And he will stay there waiting. Because it is his destiny to be Ohio State's head coach and to defeat Michigan.

Toughness questions end immediately. Not being able to consistently run the ball ends shortly after. He took Cincinnati to the playoff. Why do we believe his ceiling at Ohio State is anything less than a national title?

I love Ryan Day. He's a good coach. But after watching this game, it's clearer than it ever has been to me that there is an end to Ryan Day. And it's not as scary (or painful) as the one I have believed it was.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 71 Comments