Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rewatched the Title Game with No Audio from ESECPN

+10 HS
Bucktown 5.7x28's picture
January 17, 2021 at 1:47am
51 Comments

And I am finally putting it to bed. You can say I’m a glutton for punishment. I wanted to try and pinpoint exactly where the game was lost. I think there was a screen play set up for Teague and the pass was high. It was 28-17 at that point. I believe it was around 4 minutes left in the first half. You could see some of the guys on offense slump their shoulders down. Teague had a lot of green grass ahead of him. They ended up punting to Bama, they convert a couple of third downs (how many slant passes for 10 yards did Bama hit on?) and then, boom, over the top where Borland was asked to cover a Heisman speedy receiver. Good night.  I hear a lot of people saying that Bama looked bigger and faster. I didn’t necessarily see that on every play. What I did see was Alabama’s ability to find a mismatch and take advantage of it on almost every single critical play on the game. OSU has the speed. At least on the edges. The linebacker position is where they need a huge improvement. And it would also help if our corners get up in the faces of elite WRs and make them earn the yards they get. Obviously that didn’t happen in the title game. Goes to show you how shitty the ACC was with how we manhandled Clemson and they supposedly have all that “southern speed” too. Following basket bucks now. Gridiron Bucks, tighten up the defense. They’ll be back. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments