Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Anyone else Getting Worried We Are Getting a Bit Cocky Regarding The Game?

+3 HS
Drewbdu's picture
May 26, 2020 at 9:55pm
103 Comments

Yes, I know we have won 15 of the last 16. Yes, it is obvious we have significantly more talent than Michigan. Yes, it is obvious we have a better track record of both development and coaching than TTUN. 

With all that said, after the last blow out win over TTUN, it seems the rivalry has been a bit of an afterthought for many. Now, it seems that many in the fanbase see a win against TTUN as a forgone conclusion. While we have every advantage there is, am I wrong to be a bit worried that we as a fanbase have begun to devalue the rivalry due to its uncompetitive nature? To me at least, rivalries are a cycle, and the second a fanbase thinks their rival is dead, they come back to life and turn the tide, creating an era of dominance of their own. 

Am I just paranoid? Maybe. But it definitely seems like people increasingly see TTUN as an easy win, and I’m not so sure TTUN is as dead a program as we think they are. A top 25 team can beat a top 5 team. It’s just the nature of the game. All I ask is that we don’t take a win in The Game for granted, because TTUN is still a great program, even if it does not seem like it. Ohio State is not invincible by any means, and while it may seem like Clemson and Alabama are bigger threats right now, do not forget the years when we were left out of the postseason altogether because TTUN blocked our path. They are a threat, and I hope we never stop seeing them that way, no matter how bad they may be. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 103 Comments