Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Athletic Goes Big on Larry Johnson

+21 HS
huffdaddy's picture
April 22, 2020 at 12:17pm
55 Comments

Bruce Feldman, a great national college football reporter for The Athletic, has a lengthy piece on LJ. The money quote from John Bosa:

“My goal was to be the dad and get them to the best people. And you’re sitting with the best D-line coach in the country — pro or college. That’s why my sons came here.”

Piece is paywalled but worth reading for subscribers. https://theathletic.com/440096/2018/07/23/larry-johnson-ohio-state-footb...

Also - anyone who thinks, "Anyone could coach a Bosa or a Chase Young" is totally out to lunch. There is technique that matters - a lot - and recruits need to choose wisely when picking their coaches.

EDIT: Thank you to all the commenters for not ripping me for missing the obvious which is... well, this piece is old. The Athletic and Feldman were tweeting it out pre-draft in anticipation of Chase Young hype, and I got all pumped up. Whoops. Sorry about that. Still a great column?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments