Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Empty Ohio Stadium...

+1 HS
TkeBuck's picture
April 9, 2020 at 7:48pm
47 Comments

Every football fan looks forward to the beginning of a new college football season. For many of us, it's the most beautiful time of the year and certainly, for those of us who had the opportunity to enjoy those four (or five) years of campus life, it's nostalgia like no other. The tailgates, the rekindling of old friendships, the deafening roar of 106000 rabid Ohio State fans starving for another national championship.

But with the current pandemic and the fear of a 'second wave' once we tamp down this first scourge...what would we do if the powers that be decided to have a season, but with no fans, no roars, no tailgates? 

In an effort to continue America's favorite sport and to keep the excitement alive until our country and our lives return to 'normal', there is the ever so slight possibility it could be considered.

For tv, enormous and wonderful computer asst graphics could 'fill' the stadium with virtual fans, deafening noise, and an excited Gus Johnson calling the action. 

My first reaction would be: 'never! it wouldn't be college football!'. My second reaction would be: 'never! too much of a revenue sacrifice!'

But my friends, it could happen. Maybe not the entire season, maybe just the first month during which the nation's well being could be given the final clean bill of health!

And when 'the game' returned with all of us in the stands again, wouldn't it be grand? Or would we have gotten used to not paying $150 a ticket, a house mortgage for a couple beers, a doaking freezing rain, and three hours in an after-game traffic gridlock?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments