Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hanging out with Former Players

+6 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
November 27, 2019 at 11:36am
62 Comments

I am also a lifelong Knicks fan and one of my coolest experiences was getting to spend some time with Earl Monroe.  This was just a couple of years after he retired; I was in my late 20s.  The Pearl actually drove me back and forth from NYC to Westchester for a business meeting.

So naturally part of the time I chatted with him about some of his basketball experiences and I heard some very interesting insights.

So...if you could choose one former Buckeye to hang out with and watch The Game on Saturday, which former player or coach would you choose?  I imagine the first choice for a lot of people would be the only two-time Heisman winner.  

My choice would be Rex Kern because he too seems like a really good guy—and he was an integral part of the first Natty I witnessed.  I would really love to hear an unvarnished insider’s view of that 3-year run.  Plus, as a former QB, I figure he could absolutely enlighten me on the strategy taking place during The Game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments