The Game Day Weather Forecast is predicting 41º at kickoff today. Ever wonder how Ohio State has performed in games with that exact temperature? You haven't? Well, that means you're normal. But, since you're here, let's take a look at how the Buckeyes have fared in this cold weather.
Five Things 41 Degrees
- This will be the 12th time (9–2) Ohio State has played a game with this temperature at kickoff.
- The last time Ohio State played a game in this scenario, the Buckeyes waxed the Wolverines, 42-13, in Ann Arbor.
- 1960 was the first time the Buckeyes played in this temperature. They defeated Michigan, 7-0, in Columbus.
- This is only the second time the team will play under possible rainy conditions and 41º at the opening kick. The first time? Ohio State defeated Michigan by a score of 14-3 in 2007.
- The Buckeyes have always been ranked when playing at this opening kickoff temperature.
|2015||NOV. 28||at No. 12 MICHIGAN||10||MOSTLY CLOUDY||42-13|
|2014||NOV. 29||MICHIGAN||12||PARTLY CLOUDY||42-28|
|2007||NOV. 17||at No. 23 MICHIGAN||10||POSSIBLE RAIN/SNOW||14-3|
|2006||NOV. 11||at NORTHWESTERN||12||CLOUDY||54-10|
|1990||DEC. 27||AIR FORCE (LIBERTY BOWL)||10||OVERCAST||11-23|
|1978||NOV. 18||at INDIANA||10||CLOUDY||21-18|
|1972||NOV. 18||at NORTHWESTERN||7||CLOUDY||27-14|
|1972||NOV. 11||at MICHIGAN STATE||17||NOT LISTED||12-19|
You Might Like
Ohio State and Penn State: All-Time Team and Individual Stats
Ohio State's Highest Scoring Teams Through Ten Games
The Rundown: No. 8 Penn State vs. No. 2 Ohio State
Ohio State, Lee Corso and ESPN's GameDay: A Winning Combination?
Trivia Time: Week 11