Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

From the Log of Admiral Dae: The Chae-Yong Intrigue

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
November 9, 2019 at 4:30pm
16 Comments

Here's last week's entry if you didn't catch it: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2019/10/108162/...

Stardate 11919.33

Earlier I received terrible news, news which I feared had the potential to unmake all our loftiest aspirations for conquest and dominance. It is still too early now to say what the eventual repercussions of the current political intrigue might be, but for now, at least, our worst fears appear to have been premature. 

I speak of the sudden scandal in the Imperial Council involving perhaps the greatest single soldier I've ever had the honor of knowing: Marine Subcommander Chae-Yong. A bright, rising star who has acquitted himself marvelously in all our recent campaigns and police actions, Chae-Yong has been unstoppable on the field of battle or in ship-to-ship boarding operations, so naturally it fell to bureaucratic nonsense and political posturing to reign in this unstoppable young field commander. I'm no stranger to scandal--great men who preceded me struggled with the ankle-biting adder of council politics. Supreme Commander Trez-Zal's dignified mien and historic accomplishments couldn't save him from the Imperial Inquisitors and their jealous crusade against him. My predecessor and mentor, Supreme Commander May-Ar, survived his own brush with the viper pit, but only just, and I can't help but wonder if his shaken confidence led him to undertake that unwise expedition that lost him and fifty good ships. 

The charges against Chae-Yong are spurious, of course, and in ordinary times I'd doubt they'd stand up to any scrutiny. But these are not ordinary times. Even as we stand poised to sweep the galaxy and establish absolute hegemony, dark whispers from within our own empire threaten to undermine our supremacy. As Supreme Commander, I take it as my duty to root out this corruption, to see that justice is upheld. 

Oh, and there was also a battle today. Chae-Yong, of course, did not partake, arraigned as he was by the Council Police, but to be fair we hardly needed his services. The Turtle Flotilla--I think that's what it was called, I can't be expected to remember every ragged assemblage of junkpile garbage scows that arrays against us--engaged in a suicidal action against the 3rd and 5th Taskforces who were guarding an unimportant iron ore mine in the O-Tangy Subsector. Why? Who knows, and who really cares? 

I assume there were casualties--for the Turtle Flotilla that is--but with our medbays completely empty and our maintenance crews standing idle, I can safely say that this wasn't a battle that should cost us any momentum in our preparations to go on a great offensive. 

With the enemy seen off, I can put all my attention and energy into battling the incompetent and corrupt dissenters within our empire who would besmirch a good soldier's name to advance their own crooked careers. 

Signing off for now, 

Admiral Dae Riyan, Supreme Commander of the Bukki Star Empire

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments