Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

From the Log of Admiral Dae: Rout of the Wiscyites

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
October 26, 2019 at 3:58pm
15 Comments

Last week's entry if you didn't read it: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2019/10/107912/...

Wow, what a win from the Buckeyes! Is there any team that can beat us? I want it reiterated that this wasn't close to our best game on offense and yet we still scored 38 against statistically the best defense in the nation. There's no excuse anymore for the voters not to put us at #1. 

Anyway, here's the next entry of the series. 

Stardate 102619.25

I've made no secret of my ambitions since assuming my station as supreme commander. My ambition is, quite simply, quite openly, the destruction of all rival powers in the galaxy that might in any way threaten our complete galactic hegemony. I am not content to simply rule this empire, vast and powerful as it may be, nor am I content to dominate our local arm as has been the mandate for a hundred spans and a dozen supreme commanders before me. 

I want domination. I want hegemony. I want supremacy. 

We have moved one step closer to that end with our crushing victory over the Wiscyite Armada. 

The Wiscyites came with a fleet of three thousand ships. Despite a recent mishap--an accident during what should have been a stressless practice sortie that cost them a dozen capital ships--the Wiscyite came with what should have been a formidable force. Their intent was simple--to preempt any offensive maneuvers from our own forces with a decisive strike. 

It couldn't have gone much worse for them and their Potentate Chryss-Pau. And the resounding, crushing victory we earned came in spite of events and circumstances arraying against us. For a start, there was a meteor cloud that interfered not only with our guidance systems and deflectors, but also posed great physical risk to our starfighters. 

At the same time, the Wiscyites were also deprived the use of their starfighters, which limited their ability to set screens or disrupt our formations. This ended up benefiting us more, as our cruisers could fire at longer ranges than theirs, so that while the number of capital ships might have been similar at the start we had an insurmountable edge at long range. 

And what could the Wiscyites do with a meteor storm intervening? They couldn't close position, nor could they risk their fighters. The Wiscyites' admiral, Tahlor, is a good, sound battle commander, but there was only so much he and his ships could hope to accomplish in a stand up battle against a force with superior range. For a time their deflectors held up against the punishment of our missiles and main batteries, but that could only last for so long. They started losing ships, and that forced their hand. 

They sent in a sortie of heavy cruisers blind, their sensors disabled by all the debris and detritus. That was a critical mistake. Marine Captain Chae-Yong punished them for their error. Leading a swarm of boarding craft, Chae-Yong directed a brilliant simultaneous strike upon the cruisers. Boarding marines, inspired by Yong's bravery and savagery, struck down the crews of the cruisers and swiftly captured their bridges. 

That was the last time the Wiscyites attempted an assault. From there, their only goal was to escape with as many ships intact as possible. 

My goal was the exact opposite. We didn't get all of them, but I think it's safe to think that we won't fear another attack from the Wiscyite frontier any time soon. As I compose this entry, my negotiators are setting the new terms of our dealings with the Wiscyites, including the seizure of half of their remaining capital ships. 

My ambition does not end here. Let this only be the beginning of our glorious conquest of this vast, wild galaxy. 

Signing off for now, 

Admiral Dae-Riyan, Supreme Commander of the Bukki Star Empire

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments