College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

How Does Paul Chryst Win So Many Football Games

+9 HS
ashtabulassassin's picture
October 18, 2019 at 5:12pm
45 Comments

I'm a big fan of college football coaches. I find Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles and so many others just fascinating people. In the case of almost any successful football coach from Mike Gundy to Pete Carroll it's easy to envision them as eccentric or powerful leaders with different ways of getting great results. From Urban's "Swing, Swing, Swing" and "I don't want to be around average" to Mike Leach's mad scientist persona even though they are different... I can see it.

The one college coach that I just don't get is Paul Chryst. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwfNSEKGYs

I've listened to him speak a variety of times and like the video above he comes off as about the most docile human alive. 

I figure though that some of you might know what makes him so successful. Wisconsin, and I'm guessing some of you, must know or see something in him given that they gave him the wisconsin job after he went 19-19 at Pitt and his second year was worse than his first. 

Only thing I can think of is I once worked with an engineer who had a similar personality but was just addicted it seems to working and outproducing everyone even though he came off as quite the opposite whenever you spoke with him. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments