Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2018 Gameday Meals Week 7 vs. Minnesota

+4 HS
osurox's picture
October 11, 2018 at 3:28pm
12 Comments

Going to visit my inlaws this weekend; my wife's great grandma is turning 103!  We are going to a Japanese strakhouse for her birthday dinner, but during the game I am going to make some beef stew since the weather is going to be rainy and low 50s.

Enjoy!

Beef Stew:

4 pounds beef short ribs, cubed (better than the "stew" meat you get at krogers)
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 bottle cabernet
1/4 cup flour
4 cups beef broth
3 large carrotts, chopped
2 large celery sticks, chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 bay leaf
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 cup port wine (sweeter red wine)
salt and pepper to taste (~2 teaspoons each)

Heat olive oil in large skillet (one that has tall sides for when you add everything together; almost like a dutch oven), brown short ribs (dont dump all in at once, take your time and do it in waves, around 3 minutes or so each side).  Set browned short ribs aside.  Once all ribs are browned, reduce heat slightly and add garlic, onion, oregano, and thyme and cook for a few minutes.  Then add flour and stir.  Add beef broth, wine, bay leaf, and short ribs back into the skillet, and cook for about 2 hours or so.

After 2 hours, add potatoes, celery, carrots, port wine, salt and pepper.  Bring to a simmer and cook another 45 minutes to an hour.  

Wahsing it down with some Barktoberfest!

Week 6 vs Indiana
Week 5 vs Penn State
Week 4 vs Tulane
Week 3 vs TCU
Week 2 vs Rutgers
Week 1 vs Oregon State
2017 Gameday Meals

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments