Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Issue with Reinstating Meyer

+9 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
August 2, 2018 at 10:08am
80 Comments

I want Urban Meyer to be on the sidelines on September 1st. There is no question in my opinion that he should be there (from what we currently know). But there are more issues than what the media is currently saying. Ohio State conducting an investigation is a good thing. And I also don't mind the administrative leave, so long as it is not a "We are about to fire you leave", like Rece Davis of ESPN suggested. 

At this point, there appears to be nothing OSU can find that will completely clear Urban Meyer's name. That just isn't going to happen. Hell, Urban's name hasn't exactly been clear in the media since his Florida days. The best case scenario for bringing Urban back is simply a lack of finding proof of guilt. And that is an issue. 

If OSU reinstates Meyer, you better believe Brett McMurphy and every other reporter is going to be on their way to Columbus. There is a story there, and they are going to continue to dig at it. In order to bring back Urban, OSU has to be 110% certain that Brett McMurphy, or another reporter, is not going to find anything else that insinuates Meyer knew. This includes everyone around any of the 2015 assistant coaches. You better believe reporters will be interviewing Tom Herman's 3rd cousin to see if he knows anything. 

This is where the issue lies for OSU. I want Urbs to be the coach, I really do. But if he is, every day this fall, reporters will be trying to pick the scab. And if plausible deniability is the only factor to reinstating Urban, they better be damn sure there isn't a shred of any other evidence that shows otherwise. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments