Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Global Entry Program Problems

+5 HS
Major H's picture
June 4, 2019 at 8:11pm
35 Comments

Good evening Dubbers! After our recent trip to Spain, we decided to apply for the Global Entry Program in order to speed up going through customs and passport control. We filled out the applications on line and submitted the payments. Now we are waiting for approval of our application so we can make an appointment for our face-to-face interviews. So far, so good.

A few days ago, my wife (not me) gets an email stating that there is a long list of applicants awaiting the approval process and that this process has been delayed by, "an on-going partial government shutdown." What the heck is going on? Is there indeed an ongoing partial government shutdown? This is total news to me. Anybody else out there in 11W land having the same problem? I guess we'll just have to wait this out.

(I'm not opening up a discussion on the politics of this situation, I just want to know if there is a government shutdown that I don't know about.)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments