Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Random: Sports Figures As Superheroes?

0 HS
Andy Vance's picture
December 10, 2018 at 11:56am
16 Comments

Sports is something like an infection, I'm convinced.

Think about it: we not only watch these athletic contests with a fervor bordering on religious zeal (okay, some of us have long-since crossed said border), but also wager money on the outcome of games, wear team-themed apparel, play fantasy versions of our favorite sports, and permanently scar our flesh with the mark of our chosen team.

It's gone so far as to influence my dreams, apparently. I woke from a totally strange and random dream around 5:20 this morning: in the dream, I was something akin to a Nick Fury character, and had founded The Avengers... only my version of Avengers was the Ohio State wrestling team, natch. Odd, right?

We've nicknamed Kyle Snyder "Captain America," and the heavyweight from Wisconsin apparently goes by "Thor," so maybe this random figment of my unconscious mind wasn't totally random.

But this quirky concept sparked this question, which I will pose to you: Which sports figure, past or present, amatuer or professional, across any sport, is most likely to be an alter-ego for a superhero? Or, if you prefer, a super-villain?

Discuss your choice and rationale below. Be creative! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments